Jewel Store Manager Trainee Job Description
Jewel-Osco management training programs are focused on developing leaders, capable of succeeding in today's competitive environment. Candidates for this program are selected as a result of college recruiting efforts, completion of the management internship, through traditional career pathing within Jewel-Osco , and other recruiting efforts. The Steps to success as a Jewel Management Trainee begins with a blend of formal development sessions and practical hands on application. The following key elements are involved:
To provide and ensure high levels of customer service. To efficiently manage the operation of the store. To develop and implement strategies to achieve maximum sales and earning. To manage, directly or through others, the development of all in-store personnel so that compliance with all company standards and policies and procedures are met.
· Responds to and assists customers in a courteous manner; implements and enforces company standards for customer service.
· Develops and displays a proficient working knowledge of store operations in order to understand and assist management in plans to increase store sales and profits.
· Learns and assists in departments throughout the stores in order to gain an overall understanding of the operations of the store.
· Responsible for opening/closing the store and beginning/ending store operations for each day.
· Communicates, supervises, and follows up on tasks assigned to associates.
· Learns and develops proper merchandising techniques and standards; stocks product in the assigned area; and attaches the appropriate signage.
· Attends company meetings for purpose of training, coordination plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
· Assists management in the implementation of all basic and seasonal programs.
Essential Functions under Certain Circumstances
· Orders product to maintain optimal inventory levels.
· Assists management in the preparation of store inventory.
· Retrieves product from storage areas.
· Develops the weekly schedule by ensuring that the adequate number of associates is available to assist customers and to complete all daily store tasks.
· Reviews and recaps seasonal programs by documenting the results.
· Assists with the store register and inventory process to insure the completion of all product entries and values.
· Assists management with store meeting presentations by communicating to a group of associates various issues and results that the company deems to be important.
· Performs other duties as assigned by store management.
A* Jewel Store Manager Trainee must be able to use effective interpersonal and leadership skills to lead their team as well as train and motivate each individual team member. The training program is designed to provide a complete understanding of the total store operations. The training program is comprehensive and moves the individual through the program at an accelerated pace.*
Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree is required. Please complete an online application at www.jewelosco.com. Jewel-Osco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time