Human Resources Specialist-Compensation and Performance Management
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a seasoned HR Specialist with expertise in supporting companies in the design and execution of compensation plans and performance measurement and reward strategies that reinforce business objectives.
- Lead the development of Axle’s compensation framework and design, including managing its implementation and planning processes to align with the organization’s compensation philosophy, business goals and strategy
- Participates in the implementation and administration of compensation, bonus and incentive programs and structures. * Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
- Compare compensation plans, job classifications, and salaries through data and cost analyses;
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks
- Research compensation trends and review and participate in relevant compensation surveys
- Prepare and update salary scale based on market data analysis
- Design reports and recommendations based on research and analysis for senior leadership
- Ensure compensation practices and standards are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Ensure compensation plans and structures are cost-effective and competitive
- Ensure accuracy of staff data and safeguard the confidentiality of private information about employees
- Design, develop and implement base pay and bonus programs, including annual reviews and bonus cycles.
- Providing consulting services to senior management on a variety of remuneration issues, including competitiveness of pay, performance measurement, and governance and regulatory implications.
- Designing short-term and long-term incentive programs that reinforce the organizations’ strategic objectives.
- Designing financial performance measurement and target-setting systems to support these compensation programs
- Lead the design of the organizations’ s competency model to define what ‘great’ performance looks like in line with the organization’s values
- Bring subject matter expertise and a consultative mindset to assess the current state and create/refresh talent programs including: talent assessment, succession planning, performance measurement and metrics, high priority talent identification and development
- Work with management team to design and implement an integrated talent performance system to support a positive employee development experience and drive business results
- Design and implement career paths and a career development approach
- Drive change management, communications of talent management and performance programs and initiatives to ensure successful implementation and results
- Define and assess against metrics for success that include talent, culture and business results
- Drive and facilitate effective performance management practices (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to create and maintain a high performance culture that improves organizational capability.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of HR consulting or strategy experience
- Demonstrated experience consulting with leading public and private companies, preferably in federal contracting on compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, pay/performance links, incentive program design (annual and long-term), equity strategy, change in control planning,
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with a demonstrated ability to translate complexity and ambiguity into clarity and simplicity
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and driving creative and effective compensation and performance management strategies and programs
- Prior experience in professional services is highly desired
- Excellent C-level communication skills and executive presence
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Job Type: Contract
- consulting with leading compensation strategy: 10 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- compensation development and design: 10 years (Preferred)
- HR Consulting: 10 years (Preferred)