JOB DESCRIPTION –ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
Hours: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm*
*Or 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00 with ½ hr. lunch
Reports to: Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the operation of the property. The Assistant Property Manager provides the additional assistance needed to manage the property.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in overall management of the property.
- Conduct tenant move-ins, certifications/recertifications per the HUD guidelines and other State and Federal regulations and guidelines in a timely fashion.
- Process and deposit resident rent checks, informing the Property Manager of any existing or potential issues regarding rent collection, tenant delinquency and/or administering issues.
- Maintain and update property Wait List. Process annual update letters timely and through completion.
- Process applicants for screening and eligibility per company policies and procedures and in accordance with the property’s Tenant Selection Plan (TSP).
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting as directed by the PM.
- Assist in issuing appropriate communication documents to residents via written notice and/or robo calling.
- Investigate and assist to resolve complaints, disturbances, incidents and lease violations.
- Generate and close-out Work Orders.
- Answer telephones, take messages, and schedule appointments.
- Continually improve management and technical skills.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to the company's policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attend workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, and trainings, maintaining any required continuing education credits.
- Participate and execute required annual Fair Housing Training.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed and directed by PM.
- High school education or equivalent, some college desired.
- Affordable housing designation is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of completing tasks with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Yardi Software is desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described are representative of the essential functions of the job. The position is sedentary in nature frequently requiring sitting and a certain amount of walking and standing. Lifting requirements are approximately 10 pounds. The job operates from an office environment. The role routinely requires the use of telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and computers.
Standards of Performance:
- Posts all rents daily assessing late fees; efficiently generates all rent/credit & reminder notices by the 6th of each month.
- Processes applications timely and accurately from wait list to move-in. Maintains 3-to-1 ratio on processing applications for vacant units. Top of the Waitlist letters must be forwarded to ensure the 3-to-1 ratio. Pre-screens potential applicants immediately, maintaining ratios to include all verifications in their entirety. Timely handles all administrative procedures corresponding with Applicant and Move in File Set-up Checklist. Completes checklist in its entirety. Submits file for approval immediately upon completion. Schedules approved applicants’ files immediately.
- Generates work orders daily maintaining minimal open work orders in Yardi.
- Updates property’s wait list daily/monthly when required.
- Masters Yardi within 30 days sufficient enough to accurately process rent checks, invoices, and other basic functions of the position.
- Processes tenant recertifications timely and accurately, following all guidelines. Completes certifications within 30 days in accordance with 4350 Rev 3, with paperwork accurately and timely date stamped.
- Updates property files and shared files continually as needed creating easy access.
- Communicates to residents timely with no backlog from submittal. Answers incoming calls daily. Checks all voicemails and returns calls immediately.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills orally and in writing resolving issues effectively. Communicates with Property Manager and Superiors daily and/or as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Must be Vaccinated
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rhode Island: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How many years of administrative experience do you have including microsoft applications?
- Do you have yardi experience?
- Are you bi-lingual?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations