Title: Laboratory Operations Manager
Location: Largo, MD
Shift: 8a - 5p Monday to Friday with rotating weekend coverage and holidays as needed
Plan, manage, organize and coordinate Laboratory services. Subject matter expert and the technical resource for the region in designated specialized area. Responsible for the design and oversight of highly reliable laboratory operations including accountabilities for quality of care, member experience, affordability, standard work and employee experience and competence. Accountable for role modeling principles defined in KP Mission and Standards and creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in high complexity testing.
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Bachelors degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited institution. Proper documentation for applicable degree is required (i.e. copies of diplomas, transcripts, and/or U.S Equivalency Degree Report if needed). Major must be clearly stated on the document. If diploma does not indicate the major, an additional document that states major is required. Degree must include 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology OR 6 hours chemistry and 6 hours of biology and 12 hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination AND completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by an organization approve by HHS and at least three (3) months documented laboratory training in each specialty the individual will supervise.
License, Certification, Registration
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory (state and federal) agency requirements and professional practice standards to include CLIA, COLA, CAP, NCQA, AABB, local, state and federal regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the function of a medical laboratory.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of supervision, management, personnel management, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Experience in financial management, program development, quality improvement and project management.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and decision making, responding calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated understanding and support for diversity in the workplace.
- Ability to think globally and provide line of sight from regional strategy to front-line staff.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills are required in building programs to support and maintain medical staff, administrative and community relationships.
- Working knowledge of clinical computer systems, PC computer skills, and Microsoft Office tools.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical laboratory operations.
- For medical office laboratories, MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), and/or MT(AMT).
- For Regional Laboratory, MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) for the core laboratory and HT(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), PA(ASCP) and/or CT(ASCP) for the pathology laboratory.
- For Regional Laboratory the following certifications are also acceptable: H(ASCP), and/or SH(ASCP) for Hematology; C(ASCP), and/or SC(ASCP) for Chemistry; M(ASCP) and/or SM(ASCP) for Microbiology; B(ASCP) and/or SBB(ASCP) for blood bank/transfusion services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $110,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- generalist: 1 year (Required)
- general lab: 4 years (Required)
- leadership in clinical laboratory setting: 3 years (Required)
- (MT) or (MLS) certification from ASCP or AMT (Required)
Work Location: One location
Speak with the employer