In accordance with clearly defined procedures, sorts and distributes all U.S.P.S. incoming mail, as well as interoffice mail within the main hospital. Also, sorts for multiple satellite locations. Processes and delivers patient mail. Also, logs and delivers express mail to staff and departments. Performs all duties associated with processing outgoing U.S.P.S. mail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs various duties related to the receipt and distribution of all incoming U.S. mail and interoffice mail for approximately 10,000 or more staff and patients. This is a clerical position which involves excellent memory, name and address interpretation and computer skills. 40%
2. Using MS Excel spreadsheets, logs and distributes all express, special delivery and patient related material, i.e., x-ray films and specimens, and takes responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of these deliveries. 20%
3. Operates Pitney Bowes Paragon mailing machines, as well as Pitney Bowes Management Mail System to send out approximately 7,000 pieces per day of outgoing mail, either presort or regular postage. Must be able to use computerized system to adjust proper dates, postage and charge back revenue accounts. 10%
4. Delivers and picks up mail on a timely basis for approximately 120 areas within the main campus each day when the courier is absent. 10%
5. Using Mailroom BICS system, sorts all patient mail, directing mail to the appropriate floor or to the patient’s home (if discharged) on a very timely, tightly controlled basis. Delivers this mail to Transport for distribution to the patient floors. 10%
6. Must be able to interact with customers by phone or in person, providing excellent customer service. 5%
7. Other duties/responsibilities as assigned. 5%
High School education, some college preferred. Orientation is six months.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Computer experience, basic windows, Outlook and MS Excel, are essential.
- Ability to handle phones/customers, when necessary, and provide clear, concise and thorough customer service.
- Ability to escalate issues to Manager as appropriate.
- Excellent memory, reading and writing skills.
- Responsible for affixing proper amount of postage on outgoing mail.
- High noise level from mailing machines and other peripheral equipment.
- Heavy lifting of mail bins weighing up to 40lb.
- Standing all day.
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
: MA-Boston-Boston - BWH Main Campus
Boston - BWH Main Campus
75 Francis St
: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Recruiting Department :
BWH Materials Management
: Jan 29, 2018