Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Under the supervision of the company Principals and Project Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for the on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications and safety regulations are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent shall be responsible for job site safety, scheduling, inspections, and quality control. An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for project success. High levels of professionalism and independent judgment are required to plan, prioritize and organize the diverse workload. It is of utmost importance to create and maintain positive and professional client and contractor relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
and MW Morrissey Construction policy
Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors daily
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This is a safety sensitive position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours and weekends if needed.
The employee may travel extensively when construction site is not close to main office/out of state or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read and interpret common/technical journals, building plans and legal documents
· Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, and/or other members of the community
· Ability to effectively present information to principals, coworkers, and clients
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of three years’ verifiable experience of construction trades and industry
· Applicable Bachelor’s degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time