SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
- Each Teacher Assistant is directly responsible for the welfare, activities and
program delivery of the students they are scheduled to work with.
- Daily work assignments and schedules are coordinated by the Classroom
- Focus on creating positive outcomes for students who have trouble learning, or
become frustrated easily unless learning opportunities are presented at their
level and their efforts are continually reinforced.
- Reinforce desired behavior in students, and follow the behavior plan; model
appropriate social behavior and work attitudes.
- Complete situation reports, restraint forms, and accident reports as needed.
- Implement behavior plans, IEP goals and document behavior data.
- Inform teacher, clinicians and team members of student concerns.
- Care for the equipment and supplies in the classroom and recommend
purchases for needed supplies to the teacher.
- Follow all guidelines for building security and parking regulations; participate in
- Drive an agency van for class trips as requested or assigned (with valid driver’s
license and approval).
- During summer session, will accompany students in the pool during scheduled
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Principal/Assistant
Preferred OMRDD experience. Valid Driver’s license preferred.
High School Diploma.
AA or BA preferred.
Behavior Management will be required.
Ability to work with children with multiple disabilities.
Must meet the requirements for New York
State Teacher Assistant Certification
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.