Posting Date Jul 02, 2019
Job Number 19087854
Job Category Brand Management
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Director, Americas Development (HVMI) works with the Sr. Director Homes & Villas, Americas (HVMI) to help build and execute the Homes & Villas business in the continent by identify, vetting, and performing due diligence on partners for Homes and Villas by Marriott (HVMI). To accomplish this, the Director will support the Sr. Director, Homes & Villas, Americas (HVMI) business development in collaboration with the multidisciplinary continent based team to review, approve, and finalize contract materials with Home Management Companies (HMCs) and manage accounts beyond contract. Success in the position demands a driving focus on onboarding and sustaining Home Manage Companies for Homes & Villas leading to the creation of shareholder value and earnings, as well as a passion to champion new business opportunities in support of building brand equity and driving customer preference.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 6+ years of experience in partnership development and management, real estate / home rental development, property management, hotel industry or other relevant business experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance;
- Expert project management and organizational skills with a service mindset
- Mature, professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience.
- Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the local hotel and investment market. Familiarity with local capital markets is a plus.
- Willingness to travel 25-50% to evaluate property management companies, meet with owner representatives, and evaluate market opportunities.
Education or Certification
- University degree in Real Estate, Hotel Administration or Business Administration (master’s degree in related field preferred).
BUSINESS CONTEXT & CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The establishment of new business products within the core business or adjacent industries is a strategic component in Marriott’s earnings growth strategy. The Director of Americas Development (HVMI) performs a central, critical role in identifying, vetting, onboarding and sustaining HVMI partners and owners for Americas’ HVMI partnerships.
Build Continent Infrastructure
- Support Sr. Director, Homes & Villas, Americas to create and manage processes for the continent New Business Ventures team to manage growing portfolio.
- Ensure continued communication and alignment with MI’s brand team and continent discipline teams to leverage resources and implement relevant standards.
- Work with Sr. Director, Homes & Villas, Americas (HVMI) to identify, initiate, and analyze potential partnerships.
- Support the coordination for the Sr. Director of all aspects of the development process internal to Marriott International, including partner due diligence, market management and technical services representatives, requesting feasibility studies and pro forma valuations, and presenting the opportunity for approval by the appropriate Marriott committees.
- Support Sr. Director’s negotiations of partnership agreements with owner/owner's representatives.
- Support the partnership with Marriott's Treasury and Project Finance Departments to maximize returns on Marriott International investment in the partnerships.
- As required, attend public hearings and meetings with regulatory agency officials to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Share leads for other Marriott brand or product opportunities with appropriate personnel.
- Where relevant, support partnerships and operating norms with continent OFS representatives.
- Work with Sr. Director to establish relationships with key partners, once on-boarded to Marriott.
- Manage all aspects of the account partnerships including HVMIs standards and marketing goals are designed to succeed.
- Conduct periodic account reviews.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Possesses exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and is able to deconstruct problems and projects into execution detail.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Possesses exceptional leadership skills. Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Strong leader, team builder, advocate, and can effectively collaborate, communicate and cross borders with the intent to bring people together.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution of projects across technology stacks to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships – Works closely with all types of stakeholders and is able to understand requirements (non-functional and functional), manage expectations, and drive the analyses and design of quality technical solutions on behalf of the infrastructure team while collaborating with the development team to receive and support the requirements through the full lifecycle of an application.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.