The following duties are illustrative, and the person holding this position may be required to perform other duties of a similar nature or otherwise related to the position.
- Staff Oversight, Development and Management (35%)
- Assist and support in all human resources functions for nursing and ancillary service including hiring, terminations, and disciplinary action; maintains appropriate documentation and ensures compliance with all ChapCare policies and requirements;
- Ensures that staffing levels and coverage are adequate to meet patient care and regulatory requirements;
- Assumes managerial duties for performance evaluations and maintains systems to provide regular feedback and evaluation for employees;
- Works closely with supervisors and other ChapCare Managers to maintain positive patient care atmosphere in Health Center;
- Assist the Director of Nursing in developing and implementing staff training and development programs to meet continuing education and contractual requirements and to further knowledge of medical care and working in team environment;
- Program Planning and Management (30%)
- Assist the Chief Care Officer to provide overall direction and guidance for nursing and laboratory programs in ChapCare Health Centers;
- Works closely with senior management team and other ChapCare managers, as appropriate, to ensure that nursing program and ancillary meet patient care and regulatory requirements;
- Oversees and controls supplies that directly impact patient care (e.g., ordering and charging of stock medications, medical supplies and patient care equipment and/or supplies);
- Quality Management (15%)
- Assist and ensures that quality management direction and oversight for nursing and ancillary activities in all ChapCare Health Centers and other ChapCare areas as appropriate;
- Actively participates in Quality Management Committee (QMC) and ensures that regular monitors are conducted and reported on;
- Leads and/or participates in various special projects teams to address areas of concern;
- Clinical Compliance (15%)
- Assures that nursing and ancillary staff practice within their individual scopes of practice.
- Participates in Nursing Unit Level P&P Committee maintaining current P&P for nursing and lab programs and ensures that they comply with all regulatory and contract requirements;
- Participates in or conducts regular meetings with staff to ensure full understanding and buy-in for all Policy & Procedure (P&P);
- Participates as needed in all program, licensure and other external audits and in the preparation of Corrective Action Plans (CAP);
- Miscellaneous (5%)
- Participates in ChapCare meetings as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Requires a current certificate of registration as a registered professional as Register Nurse under the California Department of Consumer Affairs and BCLS Certificate in good standing.
- Requires knowledge of and adherence to applicable professional codes of ethics pertinent to the delivery of nursing services.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in direct patient care, preferably in an ambulatory care setting or related field;
- Minimum of five years increasingly responsible nursing management, experience preferably in outpatient setting and/or related field.
- Required Electronic Medical Records System knowledge; Epic preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients, their families, other agencies, the court system, and members of the public.
- Requires excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Must possess a current California driver’s license, automobile, and automobile insurance as required by California law.
- Experience in Clinic Dispensary is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Applicants must pass background checks conducted by the ChapCare and pre-employment drug and other screenings conducted as required by ChapCare policy.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Management: 5 years
- Clinical Nursing: 5 years