We are looking for a candidate that enjoys and excels at developing compelling application software for embedded systems. Come be part of Bose Consumer Electronics Product Engineering and help create products that wow consumers and you can be proud to show off to your friends and family.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual who will work as part of our wireless speaker software development teams to design and integrate new technologies in to both legacy and a new generation of IoT enabled speakers. This will include working on the full stack from embedded code up to the cloud, addressing security on each layer along the way.
- People management, leading technical leads and engineers in the wireless speaker group
- Accountable for hiring, coaching, managing performance reviews, and empowering development of technical leads and engineers
- Build a strong foundation of trust, teamwork, and recognize/celebrate individual and team achievements
- Remove obstacles for technical leads and engineers during planning and execution phases of projects to ensure success
- Contribute to an enthusiastic and talented team of Software Engineers to bring new products and compelling experiences to the market
- Own part of the system and features by collaborating with partners like User Experience Designers, Program Management, and Marketing
- Build platforms by architecting reusable building blocks and enabling faster and more efficient product creation
- Integrate technologies like NFC, WiFi, and Bluetooth to build a cohesive product
- Take part in full stack software development which includes embedded, mobile apps, cloud, and everything in between. This also includes IoT, cloud control, and built in security across all layers in the stack
- Enhance processes and dev-ops to improve quality and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement
- Superior critical thinking skills and able to think in abstraction
- Excellent object oriented design (OOD) and object oriented programming (OOP) using C++
- Extensive experience with at least one embedded operating system (Linux-preferred, VxWorks, Nucleus, ThreadX, Integrity, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to comprehend large scale system architecture and understand why it should fail or succeed
- Demonstrate strong design first and test driven development (TDD) skills
- Strong experience with one scripting language like Python, Perl or Shell
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related equivalent degree, plus 10+ years of experiences. MSCS or MSEE is strongly desirable.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.