A bit about Me and My Client:
I am an independent Sr. Recruiter/Headhunter with 30+ years of experience and I am working on an exclusive basis to assist one of my favorite clients, a highly successful MD contracting firm that is the Prime at this large semi-federal customer site. Seeking a strong AWS Information Security Architect/Engineer with solid AWS IAM experience to join a newly forming security team for a multi-year project to architect the design the implementation of all the cloud (AWS)/Linux/Network/Operations (including DevOps) security at the site from scratch. This is a senior position that is a combination of design as well as some hands-on engineering.
US CITIZEN or Greed Card or PR or EAD ONLY (sorry- NO HIB's or EAD OPT).
This is a W2 salaried position only (very negotiable) that offers full immediate benefits that include: 80% paid major medical, annual bonus, matched 401K and 1 day a week remote.
Focus is on the design/implementation of “from scratch” AWS Information Security Systems engineering and automation solutions (client is just moving to AWS).
- Utilize industry best practices and tech to design AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) solutions
- Design and implement AWS Secrets Store while migrating the Secrets from an existing custom solution
- Design and implement IAM security policies using AWS best practices including principles of least privilege and re-usability etc.
- Use scripting knowledge with any: Bash, PowerShell, python, Ruby, etc.
- Create effective security groups and NACLs, etc.
- Design and implement security controls for AWS based cloud native applications for a large enterprise.
- Use working knowledge of DevSecOps tool chain including Jenkins, GIT and Cloud Formation, etc.
- Either a BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ Years of industry experience in information security, Identity and access management
- Strong experience with cloud and security engineering specializing in Identity and Access Management solutions.
- 2+ years of AWS IAM
- Strong ability with one or more scripting languages including: powershell, python, ruby or bash
- Expertise in as many as possible of the following areas:
- AWS IAM
- AWS Secrets Store
- AWS Security
- Secrets Management for a regulated financial industry
- AWS KMS
- Active Directory
Qualifications “Nice to Have”:
- AWS Security Specialty certification
- Secrets Manager (or we will train)
- AWS Certification- Associates or other
If you have potential interest, please send resume.
President and Sr. Recruiter
Career Strategies, Inc.
Virtual Recruiting Consulting
ofc.: 571-236-1775 in MD
"Give yourself the gift of work that inspires you!"
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- IT: 8 years (Required)
- Python (preferred) or Bash or Ruby or Powershell: 3 years (Required)
- any of: KMS, Secrets, Active Directory: 1 year (Required)
- AWS IAM: 2 years (Required)
- AWS Information Security design /implementation: 3 years (Required)
- DevSecOps tool chain including Jenkins, GIT and Cloud Format: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- AWS certificate (not mandatory) (Preferred)
- Citizen, Gr. Card, PR or EAD (sorry no HIB's or OPT EAD) (Required)