Wallace Design Center is a family owned interior design retailer on the North Fork of Long Island with a comprehensive design showroom and upholstery/drapery workroom on premises. We specialize in the custom design and fabrication of soft window treatments, cushions, bedding, furniture and more. We also offer a full range of interior design products including Hunter Douglas window treatments, as well as top manufacturers for wallpaper, carpet, fabric and furniture.
We're looking to hire a team oriented individual who is confident, outgoing, entrepreneurial, passionate about design, and energized by sales. Our busy showroom necessitates designers to be self motivated and capable of assisting clients in the planning and execution of all aspects of design including interior and exterior living spaces.
- Prior sales experience of 3-5 years working with clients in a high-end luxury retail environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a passion for design, whether it be through education, experience, or another avenue related to the trade.
- Should have an engaging personal presence – someone who can quickly connect, build rapport, and convey credibility with potential clients.
- Freedom to work Saturdays.
- An active listener; able to interpret and address client needs, while simultaneously asking qualifying questions.
- Boundless energy to move throughout the showroom, highlighting products and options to clients, while providing expertise and solutions at a pace that satisfies the needs of your clients.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills, including a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to gently persuade clients toward your design concepts and product recommendations.
- Passion for maximizing sales and delivering an outstanding client experience.
- Motivated by coaching and a constant desire to continually learn and improve to be the “best” you can be.
- Ability and availability to perform client in-home design consultations
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in CAD
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Create design solutions by selling products and services that are consistent with the customer’s preference and budget.
- Customarily and regularly (typically on a weekly basis) make home calls to evaluate the customer’s needs and provide a total individualized design solution that closes the sale
- Provide quotes and immediate feedback
- Facilitate the ordering and installation process.
- Serve as a liaison between workrooms, vendors, customers, installers, sub-contractors and our back office to ensure the best customer experience
- Deliver exceptional wholehearted customer service during the sales process, installation and follow up after installation.
- Build local relationships with realtors, builders, architects and other trade professionals.
- Drive sales to meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Develop and pursue repeat sales, new relationships and future business.
- Perpetually expand product knowledge and further develop design & sales skills
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions
- Assist in maintaining an appealing showroom environment
Base Salary + Commission
Health Insurance, IRA
Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: