Through Transcat's calibration services segments, we offer precise, reliable, fast calibration services through Calibration Center of Excellence strategically located across the Untied States and Canada. To support our customers' calibration service needs, Transcat delivers the industry's highest quality calibration service and repairs.
This position requires that technician have a strong background in RF Microwave test equipment to include but not limited to: RF power sensors and meters, RF generators, synthesizers, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, measurement receivers and passive RF components with familiarity in the RF microwave measurement principles; RF power, s-parameters, attenuation, phase noise, noise figure and related measuring discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of electronics, mathematics, and measurement science to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment in the electrical, dimensional, optical, physical/mechanical, and/or chemical disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy.
- Identify and utilize appropriate measurement techniques
- Perform corrective actions to address identified measurement problems
- Adapt equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurements
- Maintain calibration standards
- Will perform these functions within a laboratory setting or at a customer site
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree college or technical school plus 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Formal training in Metrology, such as the Precision Measurement Equipment Course (PMEL) or TMDE gained through the military is highly desirable
- Working knoweldge of calibration software; such as Metcal
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must hold a CCT (Certified Calibration Technician) certification from ASQ or obtain one within one year of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status.