About MyEyeDr. How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients you serve on a daily basis? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance, and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients. You are unlike others at this point in your career. You are looking to build a profession with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions – from prioritizing care of our associates and our patients, to connecting the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and doing so in a fun, inclusive environment, working as one collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing business operations and patient service throughout their assigned office. The GM is responsible for providing the tools, support, and leadership necessary to their team members to deliver incremental revenue improvements; maximum office contributions through control of labor costs and COGS; and a first-class patient experience. The GM will deliver these results by building a positive and professional work environment that emphasizes accountability, integrity, patient satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Drive patient loyalty and patient satisfaction to deliver maximum value
2. Drive incremental revenue improvements
3. Control expenses to maximize office contributions a. Control and efficiently manage labor resources b. Ensure Cost of Goods Sold are minimized
4. Develop team within the office that is fully aligned and can deliver to company goals and expectations TASKS
1. Drive patient loyalty and patient satisfaction to deliver maximum value Ensure that the office delivers customer service that exceeds the patient’s expectation, even when the GM is not present; Proactively address patient feedback concerns in an immediate, professional manner; personally, handle any patient complaints that are escalated within the office; Monitor and react to Patient Loyalty results and align office team to the critical goal of retaining patients for the long-term health of the company; Respond with urgency to any examples of inadequate service being delivered to our patients; Reward and recognize great examples of service within the office; Work in cooperation with the Customer Service Department to resolve any outstanding patient concerns to the patient’s satisfaction; Build a partnership with the assigned OD so that there is a shared commitment to patient satisfaction and patient loyalty.
2. Drive incremental revenue improvements Working closely with the District Manager and Professional Services, execute a plan to growth office revenues by maximizing each appointment; Provide guidance and functional support to the office team to ensure that they achieve sales and patient service related goals; primarily measured through key performance indicators (KPIs) results; Reinforce the appropriate in-office behaviors that drive both KPI performance and long-term patient loyalty; Take appropriate actions to address office performance that detracts from revenue growth. 3. Control expenses to maximize office contributions • Control and efficiently manage labor resources • Ensure Cost of Goods Sold are minimized Use the P&L (profit and loss statement) for the office to make smart business decisions; review trends within the P&L to proactively plan actions; Confirm that all office work schedules match budgetary expectations and patient service needs on a daily and weekly basis; React to changes in business trends to reallocate labor resources effectively; Control payroll costs by monitoring reports and reviewing actual payroll results; Work in cooperation with Professional Services team to ensure OD is providing maximum value and service to patients; Work in cooperation with Professional Services team to ensure that OD is aware of COGS impact on profitability and supports office efforts to improve profitability; Ensure proper pricing and effective selling techniques are used to maximize revenue while controlling cost of goods (COGs); Ensure the office is in compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) - monthly reporting and auditing the office’s performance and records and implementing corrective actions plans, where appropriate, to address non-compliant situations; Be prepared for the District Manager monthly audit and provide updates to the District Manager on all corrective actions needing to be taken; Report all associates concerns or questions to ensure that they are addressed in a timely fashion and routed to the correct individual for resolution; Follow up/through on matters until completed or closed; Proactively coordinate personnel-related matters, including recruiting requirements, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc. with your District Manager.
4. Develop team within the office that is fully aligned and can deliver to company goals and expectations Build a team of associates committed to achieving increased revenue results, building office contributions through COGS focus, and delivering top tier patient service every day; Be supportive and encouraging of the development of associates through new hire training and companywide training initiatives; Consistently demonstrate behavior and communication styles that effectively communicate the organizational expectations for professionalism and performance while leading by example; Communicate regularly with the office team to reinforce the values and the mission of the company; confirm understanding of company direction and ensure that in-office behaviors align to that message. Work Experience
1-3 years of retail management experience, Optical experience preferred
Undergraduate degree in business or related field strongly preferred; additional, related work can substitute for formal degree.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in developing and supporting sales and professional staff to maximize their potential and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and control confidential information with absolute discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
- This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment.