Worldwide Marketing & Operations (WW M&O) is made up of Marketing Planning & Operations, GSMO Strategy (including Compete), World Wide Incentive Compensation and M&O Sales Excellence. The WW M&O mission is "We drive cross-company insight and execution excellence, bringing strategy and priorities to life – to accelerate our pace of transformation and enable GSMO to deliver business impact at scale”.
The Group & Team
Within WW M&O, the Worldwide Incentive Compensation (WWIC) team’s mission is to Enable Strategy, Motivate Sellers, Reward Results. In pursuit of this mission the team designs and implements variable incentive-based compensation plans for more than 30,000 sellers, sales leaders and consultants across Microsoft. We are experts in Incentive Compensation at Microsoft, responsible for aligning incentive plans and targets (quotas,) to motivate seller behavior and drive the company's strategies. We are also end-to-end owners of the incentive compensation processes and data including quota setting management, delivering timely and accurate payouts, providing business insights based on seller performance to field/segment leaders and executives.
The Global Program Management (GPM) team within WWIC is hiring a seasoned Business Program Manager to manage E2E program and project timelines across WWIC as we continue to transform our business. You will own and orchestrate project schedule, milestones, risks, and dependencies, to ensure all programs and projects across WWIC are driving to deliver on time and to budget.
- Integrate milestones and deliverables across WWIC for implementation. Identify the critical path and manage dependencies, issues and risks.
- Plan and oversee execution of the end-to-end program delivery timelines including synchronization and interdependency coordination across all WWIC programs and projects
- Run the Big Rock PMO (operational reviews, program delivery) to ensure WWIC Leadership is fully informed on program status, key decisions and risks.
- Identify key issues and risks for steering committee review and decision making. Frame up decisions (options, pros, cons, recommendation) with rigorous analysis and recommendations which include critical points-of-view
- Run light-touch status reporting process
- Working across multiple projects, programs and business functions.
- Building relationships across the teams and with key partners (e.g. CFE, HR, Finance, x-M&O and others as required)
- Identifying and managing cross-functional interdependencies
- Identifying and mitigating risks and issues
- Managing user acceptance test cycles
- Balancing tactical operational issue management with longer term planning
- Presenting to and driving decisions from WWIC leaders
The role requires prior experience in Operations, Finance or IT. You will have the highest levels of leadership skills, an outstanding record of managing a broad set of stakeholders and complex cross organizational dependencies, while continuously and relentlessly driving for results. You’ll have a deep understanding of what it takes to get work done, with and through others, in a highly matrixed environment at Microsoft. You will also need to be highly skilled in understanding how to get things done through influence and collaboration, while working with cross-functional and multi-country team members.
The following Microsoft competencies will be successful in this role, inclusive but not limited to:
Drive for Results
Influencing for Impact
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.