Coding Dojo is is looking for a driven and dynamic Business Development Manager to drive employer partnerships and graduate placement with Coding Dojo. As a natural born leader, you will be responsible for Business-to-Business (B2B) sales in the Employer Partnerships branch of our business in an aim to drive student placement. You will be building your own book of business through nurturing your existing connections and targeting new prospects from a variety of companies and industries.
What is Coding Dojo?
Coding Dojo is a fast growing coding boot camp that provides an accelerated track to becoming a software developer in today's growing tech market. We take people with little to no experience
in development and train them to be self-sufficient developers in just 14 weeks, which in turn opens a whole new set of career and economic opportunities. We currently have 8 campuses across the US, and counting...
What You’ll Be Doing
- Generate new employer partnerships by marketing our talented graduates, networking, cold calling, and consistently prospecting leads.
- Attend networking events, including conferences, mixers, and hiring events, to target highly engaged employer partners, thus creating exciting new job opportunities for our graduates.
- Work tirelessly to identify top employers and assess employer partner’s staffing needs.
- Research and test new strategies of packaging our product offerings to best serve industry demands.
- Provide staffing solutions to employer partners through leveraging our alumni network.
- Conduct daily outbound sales calls (cold and warm calling), schedule and hold sales appointments, create captivating sales pitches, negotiate and close deals/contracts.
- Nurture existing relationships with partners while continuously keeping yourself in the loop about partner’s open roles and upholding their commitment to hire our graduates.
- Recruit from within our alumni network to fill employer partner job opportunities generated from new and existing business development initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager of Employer Partnerships to systematically cultivate and support a database of employer partners and their open roles for our graduates.
- Combine efforts with our Career Services Team to match graduates to open roles with our partners.
- Maintain close professional relationships with graduates in conjunction with our Career Services Team.
- Listen and learn from our graduates to improve job opportunities in conjunction with our Career Services Team.
- Work directly with students and graduates to coach them in career planning and job-searching.
- Negotiate contract rates with employer partners, with a focus on company goals as well as alumni success.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all sales and placement activity in our CRM.
- Build a robust pipeline of opportunities and meet and/or exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Make certain that all of our graduates who aspire to a career in technology are placed within their dream job.
- Generate opportunities for our employer partners to interact with our students and graduates, including virtual mixers, onsite events, large-scale networking conferences, various mentorship engagements, and hackathons.
Who You Are
- You are entrepreneurial and proactive to your core. You thrive in a startup environment with little to no direction where job descriptions may blur.
- You are humble. No task is too big or too small for you.
- You work tirelessly to reach your goals.
- You create processes and procedures to increase efficiency and ensure ease in your day-to-day responsibilities.
- You work well under pressure and you love juggling many tasks and initiatives at once.
- You not only have wonderful presentation skills, but you are a wonderful listener who understands the needs of hiring managers and the goals of job-seekers.
- You are eager to engage with graduates and create exciting networking events and opportunities to connect our alumni network with the book of business you cultivate.
- You are extremely detail-oriented and organized, never letting tasks slip through the cracks unnoticed.
- You have valuable experience in the tech world, and can effectively speak the vernacular of engineers and tech hiring managers.
- You genuinely care about our graduates and you’re a true advocate for Coding Dojo. You believe in our goals and you’re highly mission-oriented.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of B2B Sales/Knowledge of Technology Sales,
- Business Development experience a must, preferably within the IT or Technical Staffing Industry.
- Good Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study.