At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
The EH&S Supervisor provides oversight and support for all construction field activity within their designated territory. This position reports directly to the Regional EH&S Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical direction and functional supervision from the Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
- Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical direction and guidance on safe work practices to operations and construction field personnel as assigned
- Maintains working relationships with project/facility, contractor/client personnel to monitor compliance with the Corporate Field Health and Safety Manual (FHSM)
- Maintains contact with external counterparts, government, community, insurance or customer EH&S personnel as required to support corporate/project efforts
- Must be able to travel to support assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervises the implementation and support of all Environmental, Health and Safety Polices on all projects/facilities in assigned area;
- Monitors work practices utilized by SAC and/or others present on the projects/facilities. Confers with supervisors on EH&S matters to ensure that work plan procedures are in compliance with SAC, customer, and governmental requirements;
- Stops work in imminent danger situations or conditions having potential adverse environmental impact. Recommends corrective actions, and advises supervisor and responsible management of action(s) taken;
- Monitors work practices utilized by SAC and/or other contractors/subcontractors to ascertain compliance with the Corporate FHSM and applicable government regulations. Recommends acceptable work practices and ensures their implementation;
- Analyzes occupational safety and health hazards and develops methods of control. Conducts EH&S training programs for project personnel;
- Must have experience and ability to conduct training classes.
- Participates with supervisors/managers in departmental personnel planning and development;
- Remains cognizant of federal, state, local, or host country environmental, health, and safety regulations. Disseminates information on new/revised regulations to supervisors and employees through verbal and written communications and through revisions to the Corporate EH&S Policies;
- Conducts accident investigations, documents causative factors, and prepares reports.
- Accompanies regulatory compliance officers, local fire, safety, and insurance inspectors during audits for compliance with standards (as necessary/requested by SAC Management);
- Monitors hazardous waste management, soil erosion and sedimentation control, revegetation, and other environmental issues as directed; and
- Executes other ES&H duties as assigned by ES&H management;
- Tower and/or Telecommunications Experience Required; 3 – 5 Years Minimum
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed;
- Safety conscious and engaged;
- Should have organizational and leadership skills with the ability to lead teams independently;
- Knowledge of compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations;
- Knowledgeable of department strategic objectives and goals and facilitates incorporation of appropriate activities into activities and projects;
- Knowledgeable on Industry Best Practices; assists with development of safety policy and drives process;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent computer skillsets;
- The ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Working knowledge of governmental Environmental, Health & Safety standards, rules, and regulations and proficiency in applying them to projects or facilities;
- Working knowledge of safe work practices and experience in conducting incident investigations, OSHA/MSHA, DOT compliance, insurance audits, workers’ compensation, and project industrial hygiene surveys;
- Strong analytical ability and acute attention to detail;
- Strong decision making ability;
- Commitment to excellence and high standards;
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees;
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions;
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
- Must be able to pass a DMV background check; and
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial/Occupational Safety or related environmental science/engineering area preferred; and/or equivalent experience/training in addition to experience leading to the thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit and Stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to climb towers is preferred
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate safety data and metrics.
- Lift 50-75 lbs.
- Travel will be required
- Office, driving & outside
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 5 years (Preferred)
- wireless construction industry: 2 years (Preferred)