Cultivate meaningful relationships with major donors and prospective major donors, and enable each donor to become more fully engaged in Center for Arizona Policy’s (CAP) work by providing strong financial support, working their network, and utilizing their influence to advance CAP’s mission.
- Working with VP Advancement, will qualify a group of caseload donors.
- Will create individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor's history of giving and the organization's knowledge of that donor's potential.
- Will create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload. Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals on the caseload are retained and upgraded.
- Will devote at least 60 percent of annual work year’s hours to direct contact with identified individuals or prospects.
- Will work with VP Advancement to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with persons on the caseload to secure gifts.
- Attend community and other related events that provide an opportunity to interact with CAP major donors and their friends.
- Provide weekly and monthly analysis and reports to management of activities, metrics, and results.
- One to three years of successful experience in fund development or sales positions preferred. (Salary will be commensurate with this experience level.)
- Ability to discuss policy issues and political news from a Christian worldview.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship skills, including an ability to develop new relationships.
- Excellent phone skills
- Self-starter, motivated daily by a passion to communicate CAP’s vision to current and potential constituents to deepen relationships, resulting in financial support.
- Well-organized, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to remain flexible with ever changing priorities.
- Thrive in and enjoy working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced work environment; able to get things done, highly efficient.
- Team spirit that builds unity and exhibits a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to master constituent relationship management (CRM) database system.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and form goals and allocate resources to meet them.
- Mature Christian, currently attending or pursuing attendance in a local church.
- Agreement with and adherence to CAP’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- Demonstrated commitment to CAP’s mission and position on core issues.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential data.
- Trustworthy and responsible.
- Tactful and diplomatic, building consensus rather than emphasizing differences.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities.
- Outgoing, friendly personality.
- Professional appearance.
Resume must include a cover letter indicating agreement with CAP's position on key issues (www.azpolicy.org).
Job Type: Full-time
- evangelical Christian: 5 years