Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively seeking a bright and talented Software Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team. In this role, you will work with a team of outstanding Data Engineers impacting the growth of renewable energy through building e-commerce and financial services applications.
- Design and build robust data pipelines using scripting in SPARK, Airflow, Python and SQL.
- Design data warehouse/data marts in AWS Redshift and other databases as appropriate.
- Use Optimization techniques in data load and query processing
- Validate and build audit, balance, and control of mission-critical data pipelines
- Develop cool viz using Tableau and other open source Viz tools as needed
- Identify best data sources among multiple sources to use for data pipelines to improve trust in data
- Fix bugs, work collaboratively with team members
What you bring to the team
- Masters or equivalent in CS/Engineering or another comparable discipline
- You have at least 6 years of technical experience and strong data warehouse & data modeling skills
- Very strong skills in Python, SQL, SPARK, Redshift, Airflow, AWS
- Familiarity with Agile methods (we use agile tools)
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Team player, agile, highly accountable, curious, willing to learn, implement and teach
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deliver to timelines
- Experience in the consumer lending industry required
- Experience with open source tools such as Kafka is a plus
- Experience in any JVM based language
- As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.