Responsible for answering and routing phone calls, included but not limited to scheduling and confirming patient appointments using a telephone software system and an electronic practice management system.
Re spo ns ibilities
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into Electronic Practice Management System (address, telephone number, financial information).
- Discuss available coverage options, including private insurance, Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP, state funded programs, sliding scale and self-pay.
- Schedule appointment correctly - review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income - if applicable).
- Remind caller to arrive at the designated arrival time in order to register and complete necessary paperwork.
- Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused care
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to manager/providers/practice manager.
- Make reminder calls as requested.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Serve as the communication liaison between patient and clinical staff by inputting and updating tasks in designated system.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Per fo rm an ce Requirements
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural diversity of patients.
- Recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures dealing with health care.
- Possess willingness to accept direction and perform repetitive tasks.
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the patients and health center team.
- Must respect the confidential nature of medical information.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Able to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations, including scheduling changes and provider requirements.
- Capable of using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mini mu m Qualifications
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Preferred.
- One (1) year of Data Entry/Medical Office Experience Preferred.
- Good computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Emotional and physical ability to meet the demands of the position.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry: 1 year (Required)