Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Percentage of Travel Required:
Up to 10%
Type of Travel:
LGS Labs, delivering next generation solutions that solve the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers.
What you’ll get to do:
In this position you will lead and direct a growing segment of our Network Assurance business managing both programs and people for classified and unclassified programs. In addition, the individual will develop new business by identifying government specific needs, developing strategic direction, and creating/executing program implementation strategies.
You will be joining the elite team that focuses on the security of modern service provider scale communication networks, including 4G/5G Mobile Networks, IP/MPLS, and optical transport (DWDM, OTN). You will lead an R&D team with experience in computer science, reverse engineering, software analysis, vulnerability research and network engineering. As director, you will work with current customers and identify new customers to advance the state-of-the-art in these areas. The team has built up a fully functional set of network test beds that provide the perfect environment for your research and development of new wireline and/or wireless network features and functionality.
Independently perform with minimal direction research, design, and software development in various aspects of general IP network security for both classified and unclassified programs.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Manage government contracts including oversight of technical, contractual, and programmatic functions of the contract around network assurance
- Demonstrate a passion for profitably growing the business consistent with the corporate, P&L, and department level strategic plans
- Serve as primary customer point of contact for existing business area programs
- Coordinate project requirements definitions according to the customer needs
- Plan and schedule project commitments, coordinate staff member assignments, and develop and manage to program budgets
- Lead project team meetings and facilitate tracking/completion of action items
- Recruit, lead and grow high performance technical teams to innovate and execute both short-term and long-term project goals
- Provide briefings for customers on project status, communication concepts and new business ideas
- Prepare progress reports on all projects of responsibility as per contract requirements
- Interface with both internal and external customers to ensure the project is meeting schedule and cost constraints
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing customers, match customer needs with department capabilities, work with customers to create procurement vehicles, lead/contribute to proposal teams to generate responsive and competitive proposals and follow through with customer until contract award
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and assist in executing the implementation of strategic plan by working with managers and engineers
- Develop marketing and product material for showcasing tools and applications including brochures, presentations, multimedia material and equipment demonstrations
- Recommend and initiate process improvements and overall development practices
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics and 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Working knowledge of government development programs and contracting
- Skilled in new business development, project proposals (technical content and estimation), customer briefings (preparation and presentation), and customer support
- Experience with government processes for system and software development
- Innovative, self-motivated thinker for managing and leading teams developing novel concepts and implementing approaches for new communication systems
- Experience in the successful management of advanced technology projects – software and/or hardware
- Experience in coaching and supervision of technical staff and building customer relationships
Master’s Degree or PhD preferred
Detailed knowledge of SONET/SDH, DWDM, and OTN
Detailed knowledge of Carrier Class Network Management System and Operations Support Systems
Detailed knowledge of cybersecurity, IP, and mobile networking technology and trends
Detailed knowledge of 4G and 5G technologies
Detailed knowledge of network security
Understanding of US Federal Government technology needs in cybersecurity and IP networking
Demonstrated ability to profitably manage and grow a business
Understanding of network hardware, systems, and software applications
Experience managing, designing/upgrading, and administering a network in a lab environment would be beneficial
A “TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly ” clearance is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with CACI.