Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
What Will You Need?
- Responsible for milieu management functions (i.e. conducting psychoeducational groups, providing safely for patients or assisting with milieu activities).
- Provides direct patient care to patients according to the multidisciplinary treatment plan.
- Responsible to and collaborates with the Treatment Team to which he or she is assigned. Formal coaching sessions will be conducted by the assigned RN or the assigned Clinical Coordinator.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and works collaboratively throughout the shift regarding daily assignments, provision of programs, daily patient care, a unit coverage, crisis intervention, milieu management, patient admissions and community calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Training – must be obtained within 90 days of employment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.