Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The Irvine location of WATG is hiring a System Administrator.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Systems Administrator is responsible for administering server/storage and network infrastructure for the data center and global offices. Overall scope includes but is not limited to technical support, installation, administration, configuration, and integration of LAN and WAN technologies, data backup and retention, server hardware and software, printing environment, phone system, and infrastructure security and management tools. In addition to the day to day server and network administration tasks, this role will assist in technology planning, integration, training, and service delivery to our customers.
The Systems Administrator is expected to serve as second level support to the Desktop support team for PCs, networked hardware, software deployment, phones, and other technologies.
Four years minimum experience in supporting PC and server/network in a small to mid-sized corporate environment is required. A successful candidate will have experience supporting, implementing, and configuring Dell EMC technology in a VMWare Microsoft environment. Good technical writing and documentation skills are a must. Hands on network installation and administration experience are essential. Problem solving skills with focus on customer support is critical. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate physical changes to networked technology on a global basis and will have excellent written and oral communication skills. The Systems Administrator must be able to multitask, while being involved in multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate the ability to work independently while maintaining excellent organizational skills. Must be capable of providing a high level of customer service and enjoy helping the end user. Must be able to travel to remote offices as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Provide server and applications administration and network support for WATG global offices.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, desktops/laptops, network devices (switches, firewalls, and routers), operating systems, hardware, core software and peripherals.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Carry out tasks with minimal site disruptions.
- Coordinate external service calls when necessary.
- Coordinate with other offices in the creation, implementation and maintenance of company IS standards.
- Assist and coordinate local equipment relocation.
- Will perform other project and duties as assigned by the Manager.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.