The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has two openings for Paralegals in its Early Case Assessment Bureau (ECAB). In this position, Paralegals are responsible for providing time-sensitive clerical support to DANY's Trial Bureaus and Case Management Services Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft Criminal Court complaints.
- Obtain case information and supporting arrest documents from Police or security personnel.
- Prepare case summaries outlining the circumstances of arrests.
- Interview Police Officers or Security personnel to determine appropriate charges.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives and outside visitors.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer