Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 people work with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries. At Lockheed Martin, we approach each day with creativity, innovation, and integrity. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of industry’s greatest challenges and make an impact on our nation’s security.
This Enterprise Operations position supports the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics division located at the Pinellas Park, FL location. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing support to critical Programs for all IT related duties which includes ensuring the IT systems are managed, controlled, and compliant with the Corporate Information Protection Manuals (CIPM). Responsibilities also include upgrades, operations and maintenance, Hardware and Software installations, domain accounts, password management and service requests (Servers, Workstations, and Storage) via Service Central. The candidate will resolve technical issues with systems and applications, perform environmental vulnerability scans, remediate vulnerabilities and employ system hardening. The selected candidate will ensure that all Lockheed Martin assets and software are properly accounted for, managed, and controlled. This is a non-telecommuting position including some off-shift hours, weekends and occasional travel. The selected candidate will directly report to the Enterprise Operations manager with a matrixed reporting relationship with the Pinellas General Manager. This individual will act as the IT site lead – ensuring any IT related issues are resolved effectively, providing support and direction to other IT employees, and leading IT projects.
U.S. Citizenship required for access to the work facility.
Responsibilities also include:
- Utilizing ServiceNow, work customer reported server/desktop support issues
- Analyze and resolve issues related to the network, infrastructure, and tools
- Performing successful root cause analysis for complex problem resolution
- Performing analysis and assessment of server performance and storage capacity and planning for future needs
- Performing routine server/workstation O/S patching, upgrades, vulnerability/security management and file system maintenance, most of which will occur after-hours and on weekends to avoid customer outages
- User account management
- Maintain system documentation
- Successfully installing server systems and related hardware
- Successfully interfacing with hardware service controllers and configuring for lights out management
- Successfully installing and configuring operating systems, software applications and programs
- Ability to act independently and lead projects based on program requirements
- Provide input to architected solutions based on customer requirements and coordination with vendors on hardware and software implementation, problems, patches, and upgrades.
- US Citizenship
- Experience leading IT projects and/or staff
- Experience with Windows Server and Desktop operating systems (ie., Windows 10, Server 2012/2016)
- Knowledge of Virtualization (ie., VMware, Horizon, vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, vRealize, NSX, vSAN or VXRail)
- Experience managing and troubleshooting hardware and software
- Experience managing storage services (i.e., NetApp/EMC hardware, software, tape management, disaster recovery practices)
- Experience with vulnerability remediation management tools and methodologies (ie., Bladelogic, Splunk, Yum, SCCM, Shavlik, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with anti-virus products
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security + Certification
- IT Related Certifications (i.e., MCSE, VMWare, Network+, etc.)
- Knowledge of operating system security concepts including SELINUX and firewalls
- Professional certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, UNIX or Linux)
- Knowledge of Network administration (routers, firewalls, etc)
- Unix and Linux server and desktop support
- Knowledge of Veritas Netbackup experience
- Knowledge of scripting (Ansible, BASH, Shell)
- Proven ability to create documentation and reports using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated strong verbal & written communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic IT environment
- Knowledge of the Agile Framework Principles
- Knowledge of project management in relation to the delivery of IT services
- Demonstrated ability working in a teaming/collaborative environment
- Ability to develop and maintain Standard Operating Instructions (SOI)
- Knowledge of firewalls and Isolated networks
- Demonstrated ability working with proposals for new business
- Knowledge of Skype for Business implementation and administration
- Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance
- Knowledge of McAfee EPO Configuration and Administration
- Knowledge of Scripting and Automation (i.e., Ansible, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform COTS software installations and support
- Knowledge of Cloud Principles (i.e., AWS, OpenShift, OpenStack, etc.)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems life cycle management and configuration management (i.e., Installation/Upgrades, System Imaging, Account Management, Print Services, Group Policy Objects (GPO), Domain Services, Hardware Modernization, Performance Monitoring, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Network Protocols (i.e., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with hardware and software vendors for maintenance/repair/upgrade/license mgmt.
- Knowledge of the creation and administration of Group Policies and Active Directory Domain Services
- Knowledge/understanding of Domain Name Services (DNS)
- Knowledge using and administrating Red Had Enterprise Linux and Desktop Operating Systems (i.e., RH6.x, RH7.x, etc)
- Familiar with Solumina MES Software
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and software deployment
- Ability to troubleshoot issues arising from OS and Network anomalies
- Knowledge of vulnerability remediation and security management (i.e., system hardening, log management,
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.