We are looking for someone responsible, punctual, organized, and detail-oriented to join our drafting team processing construction documents for field and client use.
- Completes all duties with a personable, professional, and financial statement focused mindset.
- Draft shop drawings, topos, as-builts, etc.
- Convert drawings to and from various formats (CAD, PDF, CSV, PRO, RVT, etc.).
- Calculate construction survey data from architectural, structural, civil, etc. plans
- Convert and extract data from CAD, Revit, BIM programs, etc.
- Verify all dimensions and materials in client provided files.
- Generate reports from data.
- Review sketches prepared by other engineers for completeness and accuracy and make necessary adjustments.
- Update and maintain digital records system.
- Coordinate with clients, outside professionals, and in-house team via phone, email, meetings, etc.
- Additional ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills and the adaptability to “make things happen”. - Must be able to prioritize and manage workflow with accuracy, speed, and confidentiality. (Required)
- Strong collaborative skills. Must be able to work as part of a team, coordinate with others, take direction, communicate effectively and professionally. (Required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Mircosoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Driver license (Required)
- Architectural drafting and design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- BIM- Building Information Modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solidworks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bluebeam Revue: 1 year (Preferred)
This job operates in a professional office environment and it routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printer/copier/scanners, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand; walk; go up and down stairs; use hands to hold, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate via email.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Though some flexibility in hours will be allowed, the employee’s schedule must be during the company’s regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Occasional travel is expected for this position (e.g., pick up supplies, attend site meetings).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Part time position at $25 per hour
- SIMPLE IRA with employer matching contributions up to 3% of compensation per calendar year following 90 days of employment.
- Weekday union holidays paid.
- Potential for full-time employment
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Construction Documents: 1 year
- Drafting: 1 year
- AutoCAD: 1 year
Required work authorization: