Synergy Investments, a leading Boston commercial real estate firm, seeks a full time Senior HVAC Technician in downtown Boston. Must be a motivated self-starter with strong work ethic. This individual will be a key member of our Mobile HVAC maintenance staff. They will be responsible for buildings in Downtown Boston.
- Completes repair orders as assigned. Gives priority items preference and advises supervisor of any delays.
- Inspects building and equipment upon arrival at each location for any issues that need to be addressed.
- Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems. May supervise work of other technicians.
- Follows safety rules/procedures; avoid known hazards in the work environment. Reviews safety procedures before beginning each job with known hazards. Places avoidance of injury or property damage above all other job requirements
- Maintain a clean, organized service vehicle. Must keep vehicle up to date on maintenance requirements. Must maintain an accurate part and tool inventory.
- Additional duties will include inspections, vendor coordination/oversight and site safety.
- Work as part of the team and communicate effectively.
Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in a commercial building maintenance environment
- MA Refrigeration Technician License
- Experience operating building energy management systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook; experience with work order and preventative maintenance systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours; Weekend on-call rotation, overtime, holidays
- A valid Massachusetts driver's license
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems/maintenance, electrical, plumbing, energy management systems and other building mechanical equipment, including heat pumps, chiller plants, cooling towers and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to repair, service and replace HVAC units of all types.
- Experience with preventative maintenance systems and duties.
Work Conditions & Essential Physical Characteristics
- Work to be performed both inside the properties and outside with exposure to weather, electrical current and machine noise.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, climbing, repetitive use of hands, power hand grasping, and reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Occasional sitting squatting, crawling, kneeling.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and machinery. May be required to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally weighing up to 75 pounds.
We offer a competitive salary, company phone, Company vehicle provided, tools, uniform and benefits including medical, dental, Life/STD/LTD insurance, Paid Time Off and 401(k) plan with company match.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver (Required)
- MA Refrigeration Technician (Required)