Innovative, Technology-Enabled Law Firm Seeking Administrative Assistant For Legal Operations - Work From Home (Central Time Zone Preferred)
We are an innovative, technology enabled law firm. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to assist with the clerical and administrative aspects of our firm's legal operations. This position will also support firm attorneys and paralegals on the administrative aspects of case files.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Establishes new cases in firm's matter management software application.
- Researches, compiles, reviews, reconciles, and/or maintains a variety of information and records related to case files and client and other contacts.
- Inputs information into matter management software.
- Finalizes, files and serves pleadings, motions and discovery documents.
- Supports case preparation by preparing matter and issue summaries and organizing materials for team matter review and implementation; including status reports and matter costs.
- Drafts, reviews and transmits correspondence for attorneys.
- Answers questions and supplies detailed information both in person and on the phone.
- May assist attorneys with preparation for and during hearings, trials, arbitration proceedings, administrative hearings, etc., by organizing, assembling and marking key documents.
- Receives and processes information requests, registrations, forms, orders, notices, and/or other related information and correspondence.
- Follows through on client needs through coordination of services.
- Sorts, files, and maintains materials and filing systems (paper, computer or imaging), retrieves file materials, and keeps a record of file movement.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical activities and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of administrative assistance experience.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with clients, co-workers, and representatives of other agencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent research, analytical and above average computer skills and knowledge.
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to function well under stress while working in a fast-paced environment in order to meet deadlines and deal with pressure situations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and in using web-based applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and deal with interruptions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently is critical for this position.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate sound ethics, good judgment and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Prior experience working in a law firm setting or claims department for an insurance carrier is a strong plus, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000.00 to $33,000.00 /year
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Required)