Ref-Chem, an established (engineering, construction & maintenance) company since 1957 is currently seeking Plant Operators at the Oxy CO2 plants in the Sundown and Anton areas. Pay determined by experience. This is a full time position with the following benefits provided: vacation, retirement, paid holidays, medical, dental and life insurance. Interested persons must be willing and able to attend an in person interview in Sundown, TX on either 7/8/19, 7/9/19, or 7/10/19.
- Know, understand, communicate and ensure compliance with safety regulations (OSHA) and safety policies and procedures.
- Identify needs for personal safety training and request trainings.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Participate in safety/incident investigations and review.
- Ensure timely responses, actions and corrections to any safety issues.
- Operation of equipment to maintain designated operating condition.
- Surveillance of plant processes.
- Surveillance of satellite plant processes.
- Surveillance of plant compression.
- Troubleshooting of process equipment and plant operation.
- Shutdown and startup of plant equipment (pumps, cooling equipment, generators, etc.)
- Daily plant/compressor rounds and monitoring of equipment to identify operational problems not indicated through automated alarm systems.
- Manually operate valves as operations dictate.
- Lockout/ Tag out and permitting duties for maintenance work.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel.
- Write Maintenance Work Orders as needed.
- Operate company vehicles during daily activities.
- Relieve operations personnel of operator duties during vacation or as required.
- Work 12 hr Rotating Schedule relieving other operators when they are off, either days or nights.
- Be available for call-out, overtime, and fulfill other scheduling needs as required by the company.
- Requires working on holidays when a holiday falls on a scheduled work day.
- Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions in daylight & darkness.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs or ladders, use hand tools, reach with hands and arms.
- Complete quality control reports when required
- Complete required information or data
- Submit time cardSkills/Qualifications:
- Team building skills.*
- Efficient computer skills and other technology applicable to the job.*
- Physical: __*
- Ability to lift 50lbs*_
- Other: _*
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills,**
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally.**
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team.*
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Promotes team work
Job Type: Full-time