- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Project
Program Manager (Job Number:
The Program Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities associated with to develop and maintain an optimal portfolio of state-of-the-art, high value software applications on behalf of SAIC’s FAA client. This position will implement SAIC processes and will be expected to function at the highest level in project management - planning, scheduling, and controlling of projects and initiatives to meet objectives (i.e., performance, cost, and time goals while controlling or maintain the scope). This person will also specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling and identification of resources. Coordinates activities of personnel to ensure network engagements progress on schedule and within budget
Job Specific Responsibilities:
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Meet with customer to elicit needs and report status
- Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing presentations as needed.
- Manage teams who design, test, install, configure, and monitor software applications.
- Hire, evaluate, and counsel staff. Provide guidance, training, and motivation to develop staff.
- Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend salary actions in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures, system monitoring and automation, and troubleshooting activities.
- Work closely with team leads to develop and implement staffing and operational plans.
- Participate in the development of short and long term organizational goals.
- Ensure staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and security standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- · Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of ten years of experience with the management of an enterprise Software Engineering program.
- · PMP or PMI-ACP
- · Experience with performance based contracting and SLA management
- · Experience with managing Application Development programs
- · Experience with managing programs involving a web portal and legacy application modernization
- · Experience with generating timelines, estimating costs, and ensuring projects meet the needs of the organization.
- · Experience with Project management tools, such as MS Project
- · Experience staffing large FFP and CPIF programs
- · Must be an independent self-starter with strong initiative
- · Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
- · Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- · Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
- · Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
- · Must have strong customer service orientation
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- · Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
- · Experience with Agile development
- o Agile management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- · Experience with managing Content Management and Data Analytics programs
- · Agile or DevOps certification
- · Experience with FAA systems
- · Demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders
- · Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
- · Experience with IT planning processes and program/non-program budgeting, and with IT governance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Oct 10, 2018, 8:04:38 AM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 25% of the time