- Comply with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and customer service standards.
- Provide ongoing consultation for primary care staff in appropriate mental health techniques for adults
- Participate in ongoing training in adult behavioral health issues and provide training to primary care clinic staff in mental health topics including counseling skills and confidentiality, medication use and misuse, substance abuse, wellness, rehabilitation, recovery and self-sufficiency.
- Based on Medical Provider referrals will conduct brief, non-stigmatizing screenings to evaluate the needs of adults and older adults, adolescents, and/or children for mental health and support services, based on medical record, direct interview and interaction with the family and/or discussion with other staff members who interact with the family.
- Perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, domestic violence and medical needs. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
- Provide licensed, license eligible and/or BBS registered mental health intern (post Master’s or postDoctoral) level behavioral health services in low-intensity/brief treatment, problem-solving therapy and behavioral activation in a culturally, linguistically and age appropriate manner. Develop, implement, and evaluate plans for the provision of mental health and support services jointly with the 2 family, Psychiatrist, Medical Provider(s), and other staff members as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a current listing of community linkages to meet the needs of the target population. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with community providers of adult services. Initiate linkages, disseminate information and make referrals to the appropriate services as needed.
- Provide early interventions and referrals to specialty mental health services, including referral for more intensive psychological or psychiatric support services, if needed.
- Assist patients with determining eligibility for health coverage programs and other programs as needed. This includes assistance with forms, making initial contacts and appointments for the patient. Follow-up with the patient to ensure linkages to services are made.
- Document findings in patient’s medical records according to established protocol. Submit quarterly reports on number of unduplicated clients, behavioral health consultations, screenings, assessments and brief treatment encounters provided.
- Conduct patient satisfaction surveys with all patients receiving behavioral health services under the program. Also, participate in program model development and evaluation, and collect and compile data as required by program model and funding sources.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary case conferences with Medical Providers as needed. Provides case-by-case assistance and consultation on mental health issues affecting patients; assists Medical Staff by indicating the degree and severity of emotional factors adversely affecting patients. Panel manage patients in collaboration with other Behavioral Health Staff and/or NP-Psychiatrist.
- Provide training to primary care and other BH services staff on diagnosis and treatment, medication management, confidentiality, and other BH/clinical topics as needed.
- If licensed and eligible for supervision per licensing board (BBS or BOP) and County, State and Federal requirements, may perform clinical supervision tasks as needed for department, under the direction of the BH Services.
- Participate with other staff in multidisciplinary staff meetings, retreats and other staff processes to achieve program development, staff development, program evaluation, program operations review, and other activities needed to maintain quality of early intervention services.
- Initiate and take on special responsibilities as required by grant funded projects and other program development efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and client information in a professional manner.
- Performs all duties and service in full compliance with MHSI Service Excellence Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Desire to work with an ethnically diverse adult population.
- English speaking, writing, and understanding
- Clinical experience with provision of mental health services in a community based setting
- Knowledge of health information related to adults and older adults, adolescents and/or children
- Knowledge of and experience working in a primary care facility as a mental health specialist preferred.
- Work as a team member with fellow co-workers, primary care and agency staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of special adult issues.
- Understanding of parenting and health knowledge desired.
- Maintain networking relationship with community service providers.
- Have a valid Montana Driver’s License, auto insurance, and accept travel assignments on the job as directed by the program.
- Ability to chart using Electronic Health Records, required
- Ability to work in a fast paced primary care clinic
- Ability to complete work and articulate provider concerns in a timely and concise manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work required.
- ASW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist, License Eligible and Registered MFT, Post Master’s or Post-Doctoral level, or BBS registered mental health intern in good standing with their respective Mental Health Board desired.
- Minimum experience 1 year.
- Previous experience working with adult population within ethnically and culturally diverse families.
- Position requires moderate physical activity such as sitting, traveling, walking, driving, bending, lifting, and computer usage.
- Position requires ability to work independently, organize tasks, problem solve, make decisions, and handle multiple priorities.
- Position requires significant interpersonal skills with co-workers and with client families in varied settings, including office, client homes, and in the community.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year