Support the design, development, and deployment of agency mission critical applications. Analyze the design and develop solutions using a combination of open source, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) integration, and custom development in Java. Support system requirements gathering and documentation, provide input on system design and architecture, perform software development, and support testing and deployment. Attend and provide technical input during internal and client meetings and communicate clearly and work effectively in a team environment. Participate in writing systems documents, including use case design documents and support user acceptance testing and production system deployment efforts. Support the operation and maintenance of deployed systems, including issue resolution and bug tracking, and demonstrate knowledge of multiple systems, platforms, and interfaces to ensure delivered capabilities meet mission needs. Contribute to team success by interacting with clients and the user community and learning and leveraging new tools while adhering to software engineering best practices. This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
- 1+ years of experience with software development using languages, including Java, C, or C++ in an academic or professional work environment
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Web-based applications
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Experience with developing, configuring, analyzing, or designing systems in amazon web services (AWS)
- Experience with containers, including Docker, and container platforms, including OpenShift, Pivotal, and Mesosphere Data Center Operating System (DC/OS)
- Experience in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Knowledge of government contracting practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- TS/SCI clearance preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, CJ1, WP1