At Regions, we are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst I who will conduct business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefits analysis in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. As the Business Analyst, you may function as liaison between line of business and the IT / Technology department.
- Formulates/defines specifications for operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from programs
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devises computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solution
- Prepares program specifications and diagrams and develops coding logic flowcharts
- Encodes, tests, debugs and installs the operating programs and procedures in coordination with computer operations and user departments
- Reviews progress and evaluates results
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 3 years related experience; Or, High School diploma or GED and 5 years experience
- May require on call support rotation after hours and/or weekends
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Problem solving and priority management skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience providing application support to include troubleshooting
- Banking or financial services industry experience
The Digital Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for investigating and resolving customer and system issues that are escalated from the customer facing channels such as the Contact Center and Commercial Client Services; validating any changes to Digital Banking supported systems, including (but not limited to) iTreasury, Online Banking, and Mobile Banking; performing system testing (as needed) for new product releases to ensure all aspects of the systems are working correctly.
This team supports both commercial and consumer.
This position can be filled as a level I, II, or III depending upon experience.