Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market and move over 40 million cases of fresh produce annually including grapes, berries, kiwi, apples, hothouse and more! With strategic brand partnerships, we connect with the premier growers and labels from around the world and sell to most of the largest retailers in North America.
Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
We are looking for someone to join our fruit obsessed team. A team that takes great pride in creating a future for a whole host of hard working growers both locally and internationally. We are looking for a motivated individual with experience or interest in marketing and sales.
You will be a dynamic self-starter who thrives on building relationships and has an innate ability to be creative and compelling in equal amounts. A story teller extraordinaire, who can also balance budgets; you will be ready to jump in and grow existing relationships as well as foster new ones by hitting the road and getting in front of key players in the industry. Working shoulder to shoulder with sales and marketing teams you are innovative and solutions-oriented.
In this exciting, multi-faceted role you will divide your time between business development and sales management responsibilities, bridging the two to drive and grow the sales in the region.
What you will be doing
Who you are
- Provide outstanding customer service to assigned retail, wholesale and food service accounts with an eye to increase company market share for our products and brands.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, internally and externally to help increase sales and interaction related to assigned accounts.
- Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, helping to develop stronger relationships with targeted accounts.
- Arrange and attend sales meetings with accounts as needed in order to promote company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Collaborate with the sales department in conducting sales activities, planning for sales strategies and inventory management.
- Aggressively build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Provide business and analytical support to the sales and marketing department, including assisting in the preparation and delivery of customer business reviews and category presentations to help promote awareness of Oppy Brands and products.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from meetings, liaising with all parties to find creative solutions.
- Work with sales representatives and category directors to develop targeted and strategic sales and promotional programs and account plans.
- Complete monthly retail/customer visits and communicate market intel to senior management, category directors, and deal managers.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
- Act as a brand ambassador, nurturing the positive reputation of Oppy and associated brands.
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected]
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- A Communication Maven. You are adept at quickly building impactful presentations, have a way with word, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Impactful. You have passion and the confidence to be an extraordinary networker and will keep trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You will be juggling marketing campaigns, multiple brands and retailers; working across departments with a wicked eye for detail.
- Analytically driven. You know what is working and what is not. You use data to make decisions, communicate and influence.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Tec Savvy. You know your way around Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
- Flexible. You are cool with frequent travel throughout your region and occasionally outside of it.