Volunteer Energy is looking for highly skilled and team orientated sales staff in the Ohio and Michigan regions. We are looking to bring on commissioned sale staff with the ability to move on to a salary position after an agreed upon probationary period.
Required work experience:
- 2-5 years of commission sales related work
- Knowledge of the natural gas industry in Ohio and Michigan
- Knowledge of the electric industry in Ohio
- High school graduate
- 2-3 good references from previous employers
- No criminal history
- Moral work ethic
- Team friendly
- Microsoft office savvy
Volunteer Energy runs background checks during the hiring process.
This is a new program we are developing. It is our way of being able to reward outside sales partners the ability to earn salary/benefits after showing a value through their sales efforts. Definitely something that isn't for everyone. A lot of our outside guys have current books of business that they give the products to, while working other jobs. It's definitely a business opportunity with a lot of growth but harder upfront since the salary is earned after a probationary period.
What we are doing right now is after a 60-90 day probationary period (based on performance), the sales rep is offered a salary option.
Salary Option: $12,000/year salary
Our niche is for people looking to slowly transition out of other jobs and can slowly build a reliable salary/commission base with us before a large move is made.
Salary increases are done every 60-90 days. Its basically a rolling "probationary" period.
If its ever something you want to utilize to build up some more income growth please let me know. It can always be done part time as well.
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $5,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- sales (commission): 3 years (Required)
- relevant (energy): 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Ohio (Preferred)
- Michigan (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends