The Scion Group seeks a passionate, driven mid-level Ruby on Rails Developer to join our start-up development team! If you are eager to be involved in building a new data driven internal application at a well-established company, we encourage you to apply.
The Ruby on Rails Developerwill collaborate with a team of web developers and other software engineers to develop proprietary business intelligence tools, connect market survey and data sources, implement machine learning and app creation, and present findings to senior management on all other specific initiatives related to the company’s goals.
- Create and implement scalable, robust and reliable back-end for cloud-based web applications.
- Plan, implement, test, and ship new features.
- Investigate performance issues and execute improvements.
- Hunt down bugs and fix root causes.
- Propose and test improvements to the existing storage system to handle large data streams and API sources.
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform.
- Present original analysis and strategies to senior management, design departmental business processes, and work on ad hoc projects related to the company’s strategic goals.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience building complex web applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- Knowledgeable in designing, implementing and integrating service-oriented REST APIs.
- Experienced in designing and implementing efficient SQL queries from complex data structures.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Heroku or similar cloud-based infrastructure.
- Familiarity with using U-SQL, R, or Python to draw meaningful and valid insights.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, The Scion Group LLC provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 2 years (Required)
- Ruby on Rails: 2 years (Preferred)