- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 5+ years Windows Server experience (Windows 2008 and higher)
- 5+ years technical support or development experience
- 2+ years of experience creating, modifying, and troubleshooting scripting (PowerShell, logon scripts, bat files, Java, and/or VBScript)
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team that supports the Intelligence Community (IC) in either Herndon VA, or Seattle WA! Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
The Windows System Engineer position will be responsible for:
- Building, launching, and maintaining a suite of AWS services that provides the IC with state of the art storage solutions.
- Install and configure operating systems, applications, software, and system management tools
- Develop scripts and code to automate routine tasks
- Manage and maintain Continuous Deployment Pipelines
- Manage and monitor systems’ health and status
- 24 hour/7days operations with an on-call rotation
AWS is looking for a senior System Engineer (SE) with strong a Windows background. This SE will be the team’s lead for a Windows based distributed file storage service. The SE will build, deploy, and maintain the service. As the Windows based service moves into the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) stage the team will cross train on all services. The Windows SE will need to learn Linux and Python to provide basic O&M and break/fix for other storage services. The Windows SE will be able to apply and grow Windows skills and knowledge while gaining an experience in Linux too.
The Windows SE will be joining a talented team of System Engineers to provide large scale storage services. The team works together to provide the IC with highly available and resilient storage services that underline and enable mission focused solutions to succeed. Automation is key to providing high quality, highly usable, and always-on services. The SE will create, modify, and troubleshoot code to improve or refine the automation of code deployments, maintenance, and other tasks.
The perfect candidate will have deep experience working with Windows, preferably in large scale Enterprise infrastructure; distributed environments; and be very comfortable with networking and distributed architecture topics. You will have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization.
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience managing, troubleshooting, and supporting Active Directory (AD) with Distributed File System (DFS)
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age