Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Account Manager I
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of Large local group business. Typical group size is 51-99 eligible or enrolled subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly. Requires a BA/BS; 2 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Sales license required by day one of employment.
- Industry experience preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.