BAE Systems is looking for an entry level/junior Software Engineer (0-2 years’ experience). The qualified candidate will work in a rapid development environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks may include coding, debugging, and integrating software, as well as the integration, regression, and requirement testing of complex SW/HW systems. This position may require business travel in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering / technical discipline, and 0+ year(s) related experience
Required Skills and Education
- US Citizenship (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / technical discipline, and 0+ year(s) related experience
- GPA 3.0 and above (cumulative and major) - college transcripts will need to be provided at time of interview
- Ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment (e.g.., open seating arrangement)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- BS (or MS) in Computer Science
- Software related intern, work, or hobby experiences (e.g., software development, IA, web development, etc.)
- Operating Systems (e.g., UNIX/Linux and/or Windows and .Net, Android)
- Development Methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and or Iterative)
- Architecture (e.g., Cloud, Web Services and/or SOA)
- Development languages (e.g., Objective C, Android SDK, C++, Java/J2EE, and/or C#)
- Database tools and design (e.g., Accumulo/HDFS, Oracle, Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, AllegreGraph, NoSQL, RDF, and/or SPARQL
- Development tools and services (e.g., MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, jBuilder, Spring Framework, jBoss, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, and/or automated test tools)
- User Interface development tools
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., Subversion and/or Git)
- Algorithm development
- Basic understanding of Software Security
- Open Source, cloud and virtualization software and services
- Familiarity with current Web UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, and/or Ember
- Familiarity with/exposure to FishEye, Jenkins (building continuous integration jobs), Nexus, W3C standards, Ontology development, Open Linked data.
- Exposure to, or awareness of, cybersecurity concepts and practices
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel.