LDC, Inc. (Land Development Consultants) is a Commercial - Infrastructure - Residential civil engineering, structural engineering, land surveying, and land use planning consulting company. LDC considers clients' needs its top priority. At LDC, quality is our passion.
The Structural Engineering Manager at LDC oversees all structural engineering projects and is responsible for managing structural engineering staff. The lead is tasked with marketing the department and developing productive business relationships with clients. The department lead is responsible for ensuring projects are completed to LDC’s standards of quality and efficiency with the goal of exceeding clients’ expectations.
Education, Experience, Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a focus in structures
· 8-10 years minimum structural engineering design experience
· Construction field experience
· Washington State SE license required. Multi-state preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with LDC management in developing marketing plans
· Set expectations and delegate roles and responsibilities within the department
· Foster a healthy collaborative working environment for structural staff
· Manage all structural work
· Provide project management support to other departments
· Create proposals and establish timelines
· Coordinate all work with CAD Technicians, Planners, Project Engineers, and firm Management as required
· Act as primary contact for structural engineering clients
· Offer expertise to provide clients with cost-effective, constructible solutions
· Act as lead structural engineer with new clients
· Attend and participate in meetings and teleconference calls
· Complete QA/QC reviews of staffs work before releasing
· Review proposed plans, specifications and details for code compliance and feasibility
· Develop or improve standards and details
· Ensure utilization of technology to optimize efficiency
· Provide technical guidance to staff of other departments to achieve design goals
· Remain well informed as to law and code changes
· Maintain professional certifications
· Acquire additional professional certifications as deemed necessary
· Design or analyze structures including buildings, towers, foundations, etc. using governing codes, standards, engineering formulae, skills and experience
· Perform analysis of existing structures
· Perform schematic and conceptual layouts of building sites
· Perform code research as required
· Perform field activities such as observation and recording of existing field conditions
· Organize, draft and coordinate technical documents
Skills and Specifications
· Represent LDC in a responsible manner.
· Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Possess excellent command of verbal and written communications.
· High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities.
· Self-motivated, hardworking, highly ethical, and dependable.
· Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, and people skills.
· Have the ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
· Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills.
· Stress management and time management skills.
· Ability to work with engineering staff on all levels and interact and meet with clients.
· Ability to work efficiently on both large and small scale projects.
· Solution-oriented problem solving abilities.
· RISA 3D software.
For more information on our company, our culture, and some of our cool recent projects, check us out at www.ldccorp.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 8 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave