Community Health Centers of Southeastern Iowa, Inc.
is a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Our MISSION is to provide affordable, comprehensive, culturally appropriate, cost effective primary health care to residents of greater Southeastern Iowa region, especially those individuals or families with limited resources or with other barriers to health care, in order to improve their overall health status.
Full time, Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm. Hours may vary, some flexibility required.
Behavioral Health Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing support services for the behavioral health professional staff under the direction of the applicable clinical manager and practice within the State of Iowa’s Registered Nurse (RN) limitations of licensure and law.
- Manage and complete phone calls, walk-ins and late patients needing triaged for behavioral health services. Patients will be assessed appropriately for urgency of care. These conversations will be documented as appropriate in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Coordinate needs of walk-ins, which include behavioral health patients with questions, patients needing to pick-up sample medications and/or prescriptions and document such in patient’s electronic health record. Monitor and manage sample medications ordered by psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner and prescriptions that are waiting for pick-up by patient.
- Manage and coordinate communication between primary care providers and behavioral health professionals, including appropriateness of consults, same-day in-house referrals, coordinating next behavioral health professional and/or primary care provider integrated visits.
- Oversees appropriate scheduling of behavior health patients in coordination with front desk staff.
- Completes referrals made by behavior health providers, prior authorizations for medications ordered by psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner and lab or diagnostic testing as assigned.
- Coordinate and manage the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) at CHC by assisting patients in the application process, placing medication orders with appropriate documentation. Medication will be received and dispensed to patients per CHC procedures. All procedures will be documented appropriately in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Attend meetings and be an active member of the behavioral health team.
- Participates in maintaining continuous quality improvement for behavior health services.
- Coordinate and serve as a resource to other CHC staff for emergent court committals of in house patients. Assist primary care and behavioral health providers with the appropriate documentation for the committal process.
- Assist clinical nursing staff with patient flow to minimize patient wait and maximize the efficiency of each patient visit. This can include by is not limited to the following: assist with rooming patients, complete lab tests and/or injections ordered during the office visit, take phone calls, return patient and /or other agency phone calls, assist providers with procedures.
- Work as clinical nurse as needed and as assigned.
- Participate in professional continued education including maintaining current CPR certification.
- Maintain active licensure as a Registered Nurse through the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Corporate Wide Expectations (all staff):
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of CHC’s Mission Statement in performing all aspects of this position.
- Displays a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors and fellow employees. Strives to build cooperative partnerships, by treating all people both inside and out of CHC as a customer.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other clinic personnel.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion on a need-to-know basis.
- Follows established policies and procedures for safety, infection and exposure control.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with license recognized by the State of Iowa Board of Nursing; BLS certified; Mandatory Reporter for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse.
- Minimum of two years RN experience performing responsibly in a health care setting.
- Two years behavioral health experience (inpatient or outpatient) preferred.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- $50,000 Group term life insurance; additional voluntary insurance available
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Work Comp
- Flexible Spending accounts (for medical & dependent care reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off accrual
- Paid Holidays
- CEU day(s) and CEU reimbursement
- 403B Retirement Investment with up to 5% company contribution @ one year
- Uniform allowance (reimbursement)
- Health Activity Plan reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.08 to $28.40 /hour
- behavioral health: 2 years (Preferred)
- RN: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off