CIS Projects team is seeking an IT Strategy Project Manager reporting into Senior IT Strategy Manager or IT Strategy Program Manager. The IT Strategy Project Manager will be working closely with Program and Strategy managers to drive key IT strategy initiatives such as:
- Large scale data center migrations: Involves moving of non-production and production workload to the optimal location, while rationalizing the number of locations from which Citi hosts infrastructure
- Execute/deliver NextGen Network IT Strategy Initiatives
- Asset Optimization/Cloud Adoption: Involves adoption of strategic Cloud platforms leveraging Cloud solutions such as Infrastructure as a Service, Database as a Service, Platform as a Service and Storage as a Service.
This position will focus on planning, execution and delivery of IT Strategy initiatives.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project planning, execution, and control for risk initiatives
- Identifying and managing to the critical path and milestones of a schedule
- Identification of risks which impact project deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution and path to green
- Closely monitor project progress and ensure timely completion
- Adhere to Citigroup project management processes and procedures.
- Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders on a timely basis
- Prepare and report project status on a regular basis, including metrics needed for various risk groups
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Understanding of End User Computing
- Some understanding of Databases, Middleware systems, Operating Systems and Replication
- Able to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting for the identification of best practices
- Fluent in the Microsoft tool suite including SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Understanding of financial reporting and analysis
- 3 years of Project Management skills/working knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources (PMP Certification a plus)
- 2 years of Financial Management
- Understanding of regulatory requirements
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
- Four year college degree in technology or related work discipline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Project/Program management
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office Products
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills including good presentation skills
- Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to lead meetings and drive to conclusions
- Experienced in communicating with project stakeholders
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel projects
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement.
This position is located is Irving TX.