Hendrick Motorsports, a leading NASCAR operation, is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Social Media Representative. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing engaging, unique, shareable and on-brand content across the team’s digital channels, including the organization’s official website and all social media platforms.
The Social Media Representative will generate brand value and cultivate fan interaction, engagement and discussion around the organization, its drivers and partners by writing material/stories for the website, developing social media copy/content and implementing and executing social media and digital strategies and tactics.
The role requires professional-level grammar and creative writing skills; familiarity with Associated Press style and editing; ingenuity; impeccable interpersonal communication skills; experience building and managing content calendars; a strong understanding of the existing and evolving digital media landscape; and an ability to engage and interact with diverse online communities of supporters, critics, journalists, organizational partners and other industry stakeholders.
The candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of social media best practices, emerging platforms and technology, brand strategies and marketing trends. The ability to understand and leverage ROI/analytics tools and build detailed reports is required.
- Create engaging written content/stories, headlines and other copy for the team website and all social media platforms
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand, shape and implement effective digital content strategies
- Build detailed content plans and best-in-class content that aligns with business objectives as well as brand standards and voice/tone guidelines
- Community management of social media channels, including regular fan interaction
- Audit existing content to recommend tactics for improvement
- Self-edit work for adherence to brand guidelines, AP style and digital content best practices
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and best practices
- A four-year degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Minimum two years of experience in a social media, communications, professional writing or related position
- Experience working in a professional sports environment preferred
- Experience with digital and social media strategies and tactics
- Experience with ROI/analytics tools and building detailed reports
- Knowledge of Associated Press style and editing
- Excellent grammar and creative writing skills
- Strong planning, project management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Track record of fostering positive relationships among peers, managers and organizational partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel frequently and work a fluctuating, flexible schedule; weekend work is required with this position
- Experience in graphic arts, photography and/or video editing preferred
Please submit your resumes through http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/about/careers.
No recruiters or phone calls.
Hendrick Motorsports is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled.
Hendrick Motorsports provides a one-of-a-kind working experience where a diverse group of highly talented team members can work together to achieve a common goal. We are committed to embracing innovation with intensity to perform at the highest level expected by our dedicated sponsors and fans worldwide. Hendrick Motorsports continuously seeks skilled and talented individuals who are motivated and passionate about helping us meet our goals.