Napleton’s Elgin Kia is looking for an experienced automotive journeyman mechanic/technician .
Experienced Automotive Journeyman Mechanic/Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required and/ if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work in a timely fashion.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes, keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
Automotive Journeyman Mechanic/Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Dealership Experience Preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- ASE certification is preferred
- General mechanical skills
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants possess a clean motor vehicle report and currently hold a valid driver license
*****We are a drug free work environment*****
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)