For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's ®, Folgers ®, Jif ®, Dunkin’ Donuts ®, Crisco ®, Café Bustelo ®, R.W. Knudsen Family ®, Sahale Snacks®, Smucker's ® Uncrustables ®, Robin Hood ®, and Bick’s ®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray ® Nutrish®, Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and Nature’s Recipe® . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com .
Microbiology Lab Intern
Orrville, OH (Greater Akron area)
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Monday through Friday 8 – 5 (Flex hours)
PRIMARY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- Manufacturing plants
- Research and Development
Primary Objective of the Role
- Provide microbiological laboratory experience to an individual studying within a Food Science/Microbiology/Biology or related field. Enhance the individual’s food product microbiological knowledge base.
- Routine microbiological testing on finished goods and environmental samples
- Laboratory project support
- Microbiological reporting within Smucker databases
- General laboratory upkeep
- Management of an individual Micro project requiring a presentation at the end of the internship
- Working toward a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science or related field is required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong chemistry and mathematics background
- Good computer knowledge and skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible to a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, high energy level
- General laboratory experience