We have an exicting and rare opportunity. We are hiring a JR. Project Manager
In Person Only
Reporting to the PMO supporting Department of Treasury, the junior IT Project Manager is responsible of running multiple small, low complexity projects (each $100k - $150k and 3-6 months duration).
This position requires 2 years of Project Management Exp
Years of Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Senior Project Coordinator/Project Manager
The Junior IT Project manager functions as a PMO resource to DTMB managers, supervisors, and staff that are involved in application maintenance and development. This includes development, maintenance, and oversight of project schedules that are logic and resource driven.
Maintains change control process, including a structure to manage and track changes in scope. Identifies project issues and risks and escalates to senior management as appropriate. Monitors project performance, reports status, and facilitates the creation of actions plans to promote adherence to project schedules. Interacts with a variety of teams as needed to develop and maintain project schedules and related documents. Assists in information gathering, budget analysis, project estimating, and procurement. Provides assistance on special projects. Promotes compliance with the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE).
- Manage several small projects from start to finish as assigned by the PMO
- Take directions from the PMO Manager/Supervisor and execute all projects as per the PMO processes
- Provide professional analytical expertise to DTMB and client agency managers for project budgeting.
- Conduct impact analysis on project schedule and budget; build constraints, assumptions, and estimates to create formal Change Control Requests for approval by DTMB and Agency Managers/Executives.
- Create mitigation plans to assist senior PMs
- Facilitate workgroups for Technical Requirements, Structured Walkthroughs and define the program and project deliverable for the Stage Exits.
- Interpret standard reports, analyze deviation from project plans, and perform root cause analysis to facilitate decision making by DTMB and client agency executives on project prioritization by displaying project data in an informative and meaningful manner.
- Research and collect project data necessary to meet project reporting.
- Provide project plan trend analysis and control including analysis, research, development and maintenance of the project data
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, project management techniques, and external process changes by reading industry publications, attending training, etc.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of resource scheduling, resource balancing across multiple projects and programs
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong knowledge of industry practices and performance measurements
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of complex high-profile projects
- Detail oriented with aptitude to implement quality controls throughout work processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well with minimal direction
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and leadership skills required.
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
- Expert planning and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge in resource and budget planning
- Proficient in using project and portfolio management tools like CA PPM, Changepoint
- Solid ability to create reports and documentation
- Expert in creating process flows in Visio and other tools
- Build maintain and implement IT release calendars
- Work cross-functionally to manage IT schedules and financials
- Collects, analyzes, summarizes information and trends on resource forecasts Vs actuals
Required / Desired Skills
Required / Desired
Project Management/Project Coordination experience
Solid Skills in MSProject , Microsoft Office Suite
Experience in PPM tools - CA PPM and Changepoint
Ability to build relationships and collaborate across functional and virtual teams. High degree of attention to detail
Understanding formal project management methodology. Must have worked in the PMO environment
Have release management experience
Agile Scrum Management experience with TFS or JIRA
Nice to have
Create mitigation plans to assist senior PMs
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
Cyber Security Consulting
Project Management Consulting
Custom Application Development/Programming
IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.