Love & Company of Frederick, Maryland, a leading marketing, advertising and sales management firm in the senior housing and services field, seeks qualified, outstanding candidates for the position of creative director.
We take pride in having a top-notch team of creative marketing professionals—a diverse group offering extensive experience in the senior market as well as in their specific area of expertise.
We believe that producing the best creative work comes not from the skills of any one person, but from the development of a team approach where exploration of multiple ideas and options leads to an exceptional end product.
As the leader of the creative team, the creative director is primarily responsible for fostering the team approach and ensuring the creative team produces strategically-focused and integrated work that meets and exceeds client expectations and objectives.
As part of the business development team, the creative director also assists in the development of proposals for creative work and leads the development of spec work for new business pitches, when needed.
- Lead the development of client brand positioning programs
- Oversee the development of ongoing client creative work, including integrated print, digital and electronic campaigns
- Identify, explore and assist in the development of opportunities to provide additional creative services to clients
- Participate in new business development efforts
- Develop the skills of the creative team
Lead the development of client brand positioning programs
- Work with the client services and/or business development teams and project management to develop proposals and budgets for branding and creative services projects
- Participate in brand discovery visits and/or review brand discovery reports developed by other team members
- Oversee or develop client brand strategy platforms alongside the client services strategy and creative team members
- Lead the creative team’s development of clients’ brand identities, including naming, taglines, logos and style guides
- Lead the creative team’s development or refreshment of clients’ unique brand expressions, including voice, tone, look and feel
- Plan or oversee the planning and direction of photo, video and TV shoots
Oversee the development of ongoing client creative work, including integrated print, digital and electronic campaigns
- Participate in the marketing communications planning process and brainstorming with the client services strategy team
- Oversee and provide input on the ongoing creative work led by the associate creative director, art director, interactive communications director and content management director
- Provide hands-on creative direction, copy and/or design for projects, as needed to support variations in conceptual approaches and creative team workload
- Ensure the ongoing work continues to communicate and reinforce each client’s brand positioning
- Periodically review results generated by client creative work to ensure client goals are being achieved; take steps to evaluate and modify creative work and the accompanying strategies if goals are not being met
- Work with the production and resource manager and director of project management to ensure time and resources are allocated appropriately to meet client deadlines and agency budgets
Identify, explore and assist in the development of opportunities to provide additional creative services to clients
- Monitor communications trends, both with seniors and the general population. This could include mobile, digital, video, social media and communications platforms that do not yet exist today, or are in only limited use today.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to explore and develop new communications initiatives we can employ, either on behalf of ourselves or our clients
- Assist in the development of those new services, identifying skill sets, equipment, technology, training or personnel needed to effectively offer the services
Participate in new business development efforts
- Assist in prospect discovery and the development and presentation of proposals as appropriate
- Lead the development of spec work for new business opportunities, when appropriate
- Identify and help implement new opportunities to communicate and enhance the Love & Company brand among clients, prospects and other senior living organizations
Develop the skills of the creative team
- Guide the creation of individual development plans for the associate creative director, art director, interactive communications director and content management director, including setting periodic goals
- Review and provide input into the individual development plans the associate creative director, art director, interactive communications director and content management director develops for other team members
- Meet with direct reports periodically to review overall performance and achievement of development plan goals
This is a management position on the creative team. The individual should have the following experience and capabilities:
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant creative direction experience
- Significant hands-on experience with branding platform and marketing campaign development
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software in a MAC environment
- Proficient use in Adobe Suite software in a MAC environment
- Demonstrable skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporates feedback and takes/gives direction well
- Team player with strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- BA/BS degree in creative writing/design or related field
No phone calls, please.
NOTE: Inquiries will only be accepted with complete application materials. Love & Company, Inc.
To apply, please email:
- A detailed letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above areas v
- Your resume
- Your recent salary history and salary requirements
- Five samples of work you have been responsible for producing, along with brief, specific descriptions of the role you played in each; ideally samples would include at least one comprehensive brand platform, one integrated multimedia marketing campaign with print ads, direct mail, collateral, website, landing pages, banner ads, etc.
Career Site: https://loveandcompany.applytojob.com/apply/7RXdbmyI8C/Creative-Director
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time