At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as great place to work.
Are you a multi-unit leader that loves developing people and getting results? Being a District Manager at Extra Space Storage is an incredible opportunity. To be successful, you’ll need to be a motivator and mentor, someone who can guide the store managers and develop their talent. You should have experience leading multiple stores, because you’ll also be responsible for ensuring district wide customer satisfaction and measuring the financial performance of all the locations in your district. Number of stores is 8 – 16 and will vary based on geography and complexity of those stores. But most of all, you’ll be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment.
Why Extra Space Storage?
Culture – We have a great retail environment without the retail hours. Our work/life balance is unheard of in the retail world.
Growth – We are growing as a company! As we grow we add more stores, more people and more opportunities.
Pay/Benefits – We have a great compensation plan and benefits to ensure you are covered!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Execution:
- Develops the store management team to deliver legendary customer experiences in all stores.
- Manages through unusual events to keep district operating to standard.
- Leads with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and values of Extra Space Storage.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the store manager to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store employees to take action and achieve operational goals.
- Keeps abreast of current and future competition through competitor property visits.
- Creates district implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Coaches store managers on the ongoing repairs, maintenance, and Extra Clean standards of stores.
Education and/or Experience:
- Management of rental rates, discounts, Customer Protection Plan and other income sources. Watch controllable expenses to provide the highest R.O.I. for each store.
- Accesses external resources to support district-wide operations and to execute district and regional initiatives such as Human Resources, Revenue Management, Procurement, Finance, and Marketing.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and follows up on all customer service issues.
- Performs semi-annual audits and facility checklists, submits findings to division office and ensures follow up on any necessary action.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports and address trends and issues in district performance.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent of 3-5 years work-related experience and/or training in retail sales, retail and/or customer service. Exceptional leadership skills and experience supervising others.