This National Guard position is for a Supervisory IT Specialist (PLCYPLN), Position Description Number D1563P02 and is part of the NJ 177th CMN FT, National Guard.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (PLCYPLN), GS-2210-13, you will:
- Manage, direct, organize, control, and direct the communications activities of the Wing Flying Unit
- Determine goals and objectives for the organization
- Exercise supervisory responsibility and authority
- Ensure unit Quality Assurance and ACOMS standardization/evaluation programs are effectively managed
- Develop coordinated policy and procedures to utilize architectural guidance and architectural management concepts
- Ensure quality of service issues are clearly identified, prioritized and resolutions pursued for effective mission accomplishment
- Provide input to and coordinate on relevant support agreements that require section support to make sure they correctly identify products and services needed
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS :
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement . This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- National Guard Membership is required
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background Investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Areas of Consideration:
Areas I: All permanent technicians within the 177th Fighter Wing
Areas II: All current members of the New Jersey Air National Guard
Areas III: Individuals eligible for membership in the New Jersey Air National Guard
Military Grades : O-3 to O-5
Compatible Military Assignments : 173DY
Selectee has one (1) year to obtain required AFSC
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
- Data processing functions
- Understand the stages required to automate a work process
- Work as a computer operator, computer assistant, or program analyst
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Must have 36 months of experience in the following:
- Approach techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty
- Sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment
- Adaptation of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment
- Prepare documentation on cost and benefits in a logical fashion
- Ability to manage the function of the work to be performed
- Ability to lead, direct, and assign work of personnel
Substition for Specialized Experience: Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Decision Making, Information Technology Customer Support, Information Technology Policy and Planning, and Information Technology Test and Evaluation
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.