- This is a part-time position*
CSD's vision is to deliver the best and most personalized, innovative solutions possible for each individual and caregiver affected by autism or other disabilities and to foster a strong culture of community participation and inclusion.
About the Behavior Specialist Position:
Our Behavior Specialists are the foundation of our success in providing quality care and service through the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and play-based programs. We're seeking BS's whose qualities are driven by passion, creativity and fun!
Behavior Specialist Job Duties:Client Training:
- H.S. Diploma
- Have experience working with children and/or managing challenging behaviors with children (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: spoken and written
- Available in the PM (3:00 and after) at least 3 days a week. This is a part time position.
- Possess a driver's license, clean driving record and reliable transportation and auto insurance for driving to and from clients.
- Have access to a working cell phone.
What's in it for you:
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on behavioral analysis principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur. Through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support from your clinical team.
- Collect data using a tablet to manage the child's progress.
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families.
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive reinforcement.
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that they need!
- Career advancement opportunities. We promote within first!
- Opportunity to earn your ABA Certification.
- Paid training prior to working with clients. Training online and in person.
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement.
- Future growth opportunity into supervisory roles within our company.
- The opportunity to gain supervised independent fieldwork hours for those in need practicum/internship hours.